Asset/Liability Management Consulting
HFW’s low cost asset/liability consulting services for community banks and credit unions encompass a review of all facets of the asset/liability committee’s responsibilities including policy review, ALCO reports and worksheets. HFW ensures policy compliance with regulations and enhances reports and worksheets so that interest rate, credit, liquidity, operational and reputational risk are tracked, managed and reported.
HFW’s services also include written reviews and recommendations to manage overall risk, including liquidity management, capital adequacy and planning, interest rate risk, asset quality, earnings and operating efficiency. We help in determining assumptions and input for institutions’ interest rate risk models to ensure relevance and accuracy. We also assist with back-testing interest rate risk models results to ensure data assumptions remain appropriate in managing interest rate sensitivity.
- Asset/liability policy review and guidance
- Interest rate risk model review and guidance
- ALCO reports and worksheet review
- Advise and attend Asset/Liability Management Meetings
- Advise on A/L decision (bidding public deposits, loan terms and FHLB advances)